In this EasyLanguage tutorial, we explore the Bollinger Bands Reversal Strategy for TradeStation and MultiCharts.
Obviously, this type of strategy will work better in mean-reverting markets.
It will, therefore, be necessary to look for mature and very liquid markets that generally respond well to these logics as S&P500.
The entry rules are straightforward.
When the closure of the previous bar is lower than the lower band is purchased, when the price of the previous bar is higher than the upper band is purchased.
We have also included a small filter to avoid opening operations against trends.
The middle line of the Bollinger Bands is compared to another slower moving average to establish the direction of the trend.
To buy the fast-moving average must be above the moving average five times slower and vice versa to sell.
Exit management is more complicated.
Firstly, the classic exit occurs when the price exceeds the median line.
Secondly, we have a stoploss equal to X times the ATR compared to the entry price.
Finally, we have an exit after X candles if the position is losing money.
We like this kind of stop loss because we would like go quickly into profit; otherwise, it is worth closing.
Bollinger Bands Reversal Strategy Back Test
This trading strategy applied to Spy timeframe daily generates a good number of operations and has an excellent average trade of over $ 45.
We are delighted because this strategy has also managed to earn short.
In the stock market, it is complicated to find bidirectional trading strategies.
It can certainly be improved, but a Trading System with a profit factor of 1.81 is very encouraging.
No money management was applied, and no backtests were made regarding other types of take-profit.
Read more about our Bollinger Bands Indicator in this article.
Learn more about EasyLanguage Number to String:
ATTENTION!! THIS STRATEGY IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS INVESTMENT ADVICE.
DON’T USE WITH REAL MONEY !! READ THE DISCLAIMER
More from Finance Strategy System
- EasyLanguage & PowerLanguage Master Tutorial
- Accumulation Distribution Indicator Wikipedia
- How to read a Price Chart – Bar Chart – CandleStick – Kagi – Heikin Ashi
- What is the Dow Theory in technical analysis
- All about the Trend in Technical Analysis || Essential Tutorial
- How to find the perfect SuperTrend Settings
- The Vortex Indicator || Tutorial
- How to identify trends in a stock market graphically
- Ichimoku Indicator | Ichimoku Kinko Hyo | Tutorial
- Graphic Technical Analysis – How to read a stock market charts