If you’re trying to import stock quotes from Yahoo Finance to Excel, this tutorial can help you. You may need it for many reasons. For example, your trading platform doesn’t have the stock you need to analyze. Many traders use Excel for seasonality and statistical research.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to import stock prices in Excel.
Let’s start! This is an easy tutorial we don’t need vba code or API.
Download the Yahoo Finance to Excel file of this tutorial from this LINK.
Go to yahoo finance, insert your ticker symbol and search your stock quotes. In this tutorial, we’ll use the SPY ETF.
Click on “Historical Data” to obtain all stock quotes
Select your TimeFrame; we chose Daily. Click on “Download Data” and save the file named “SPY.csv” in your Hard Disk. Obviously, we don’t use real-time stock data.
Yahoo Finance to Excel – Data processing before importing
This step is optional; we do this to avoid the problem with the system separators. Our decimal separator is the “comma” and the Thousands separator is the “dot”.
The file that you downloaded from Yahoo Finance uses the “comma” to separate the single data and use the “dot” as a decimal separator.
Open the file SPY.csv and click on “Find & Select”
Now you write a “comma” in “Find What” and a “semicolon” in “Replace with” and click on “Replace All”
Repeat this process and write a “dot” in “Find What” and a “comma” in “Replace with” and click on “Replace All”
That’s all. Save the file and close it.
Import the file CSV in Excel
Now select the “Data” tab and click on “Get Data from Text/CSV” and select the file that you have downloaded from yahoo finance.
Now choose the delimiter “semicolon” and click Load
You will create a new table with Date, Open, High, Low, Close, Adjusted Close, Close and Volume columns.
We have successfully imported data from Yahoo Finance to Excel table. Now you can analyze all-world stocks without a trading platform. The data is free and is a potent tool for statistical research.
Your next step:
- How to create and draw a stock chart
- How to calculate the Average True Range
Download the Excel file of this tutorial from this LINK.
Other tutorials on excel:
Frequently asked questions about this topic. How to:
- Import fundamental stock data from Yahoo into Excel?
- Fetch data from Yahoo finance?
- Download stock data to Google spreadshset?
- Download Yahoo! Finance historical data?
- Up to date is the Yahoo Finance API?
- Download BSE and NSE stock prices in Excel in real time?
- Track regularly updated stock quotes using excel?
- Get into BSE and NSE stock prices in Excel in real time?
- Use Yahoo! Finance API for CSV?
- Do the Apple stock apps get data from Yahoo finance?
- Pull stock prices from Yahoo by using Yahoo from Python?
- Fetch BSE/NSE data for my excel spreadsheet?
- Fetch BSE stock data from Google Finance API?
- Get a live feed of stock market data on MATLAB?
- Get the stock price for a stock for a certain date?
- Pull stock data from Google Sheets?
- Extract data from Google Finance?
- Retrieve live market data in excel?
- Import financial statements to Google Sheets?
More links about this topic: